Northeast Water Wells has been installing quality water well and pumping systems for commercial clients and homeowners in Sherborn, MA since 1966. I realized its been quite some time since we updated our blogs regarding the permitting and drilling process in individual towns in Massachusetts and I figured it was about time for an update.
The Town of Sherborn, MA is unique for the fact that its one of the few towns in the state of Massachusetts that does not have a public water supply, but instead relies solely on Water Wells. the first step in considering installing a Irrigation Water Well or Residential Water well in the town of Sherborn, MA would be to choose the Certified Water Well Drilling contractor you feel comfortable with for the project. The process starts by contacting the Driller and receiving a detailed proposal laying out the fundamental variables and cost of the project and set up an initial site visit to ensure equipment accessibility. Once you have decided on a driller and a contract has been signed. The permitting process then begins as outlined by the town. The full town procedures can be found on the following link http://www.sherbornma.org/pages/SherbornMA_BOH/wellproc.pdf and the Application is available here https://docs.google.com/a/hopkintonma.gov/file/d/0BylmjN-od_bnUHpodXZWaFh2N00/edit?pli=1
Northeast Water Wells Quick Reference sheet for Hopkinton,MA
- Town of Hopkinton, MA Permitting Fee : $300.00 as of 11/19/2015
- Town of Hopkinton set back requirements for water well location 20′ from buildings, 25′ from streets, 10′ from property lines, 100′ from stables, 15′ from right of ways, 50′ from surface water, 50′ from wetlands, 10′ building sewer, 50′ septic, 20′ from surrounding wells, 1000′ from waste disposal sites, 100′ dry wells and 100′ basins.
- The Town of Hopkinton requires a to scale Plot plan to be submitted with water well application marking out a minimum of 200′ of potential sources of contamination from the well head. This plan would need to be provided to you water well installer for permitting purposes.
- Town of Hopkinton water quantity and flow requirements is written as follows a 4 hour flow test is required with BOH representative present and must be scheduled with the BOH. The well must be able to pump a minimum of 1200 gallons in a 4 hour period.
- The town of Hopkinton requires a 42 gallon or larger pressure tank for installs including Constant Pressure Applications.
- Water quality requirements for Hopkinton,MA is comparable to our Extensive Water quality package with the addition of Cadmium and mercury this particular test does take 10- 15 business days to return. This test is also required to be preformed within 5 years of real estate transfer date when selling your home.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog regarding Water Well construction in the Town of Hopkinton MA. If you would like to learn more or receive a quote to have a water well drilled at your property please do not hesitate to call 1-800-562-9355, if you are reading this on a weekend and want to get the ball rolling I invite you to fill out our contact us form and I will get back to you on the next business day.[