New Hampshire & Massachusetts Well Regulation
Each state (and town) has its own regulations for water wells. We recommend checking in with your local board of health to get an idea of what their individual pricing and regulations are.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts however does have some base regulations:
- Water Quality testing must be done if the well is potable.
- Water Quantity testing must be done to assess the usability of a well.
- A Well Completion Report must be filed electronically with the state along with the Board Of Health.
The State of New Hampshire is less strict with regulations and leaves most of them up to the local Board Of Health.
- A Well Completion Report must be filed with the State of New Hampshire.
- All water wells must be a minimum of 75 feet from all Septic Systems.