Are you considering drilling a well in Wayland, MA you are not the only one.Recently we have noticed a surge of calls in the Northeast Water Wells office regarding Drilled Water Well installs in the Town of Wayland Massachusetts. I realized its been quite some time since we updated our blogs regarding the permitting and drilling process in individual towns in Massachusetts so I figured we would kick off the Town Regulations series with Wayland.
The current water rate in Wayland, MA According to the town website is as follows:
RESIDENTIAL WATER RATES:
According to an Article published in the Boston Globe on July 21, 2013 titled “The Price of a Drink” The estimated average annual cost of water for a household statewide hit $498 last year, up more than 35 percent from 2006, according to statistics compiled by Tighe & Bond, a Westfield-based engineering and environmental consulting firm. Dover and Wayland have some of the highest rates west of Boston.
To begin the first step in Drilling either a Irrigation Water Well or Residential Water well in the town of Wayland., MA would be to choose the Certified Water Well Drilling contractor your are going to be working with for the project. Typically this process starts by contacting the Driller and receiving a detailed proposal laying out the fundamental variables and cost of the project and set up an initial site visit to ensure equipment accessibility. Once you have decided on a driller and a contract has been signed. The permitting process then begins as outlined by the town. The full town regulations are available on the following PDF http://www.wayland.ma.us/Pages/WaylandMA_Health/sanit.pdf
Northeast Water Wells Quick Reference sheet for Wayland, MA
- Town of Wayland Permitting Fee : $125.00 as of 11/19/2015
- Town of Wayland set back requirements for water well location 5′ from buildings, 15′ from streets, 10′ from lot lines, 50′ from septic , 100′ from leech fields.
- The Town of Wayland does require a to scale Plot plan to be submitted with water well application. This plan would need to be provided to you water well installer for permitting purposes.
- Town of Wayland water quantity and flow requirements is written as follows for Residential application : the well must produce 200 gallons per bedroom per day. Currently no written regulation is in place regarding irrigation wells.
- The town of Wayland requires a 36 gallon or larger pressure tank for installs.
- Water quality requirements for Wayland,MA is comparable to our Comprehensive Water quality package, however here at Northeast Water Wells we highly recommend preforming an extensive water quality test for all residential well applications. Our extensive test is based off od the EPA recommendations on what elements should be tested every 7- 10 years.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog regarding Water Well construction in the Town of Wayland MA. If you would like to learn more or receive a quote to have a water well drilled at your property please do not hesitate to call 1-800-562-9355, if you are reading this on a weekend and want to get the ball rolling I invite you to fill out our contact us form and I will get back to you on the next business day.