Here at Northeast Water Wells, we are excited to announce the introduction of the Berkley Submersible Pumps by Pentair.
History of Berkeley
Berkeley Pump Corporation was created back in 1937 in a garage. Fredrick Stadelhofer and Fred Carpenter had discovered a need for small centrifugal pumps- more than what their current employer was supplying.
At first their biggest demand was for pump repairs in the area for the shipyards. As time went on however, they were able to create new product lines. Some of these were: chicken liver pumps, municipal, elevator, end-gun, potato, missile, jet boat and much more. Along with this, they became the leader in the field of irrigation, since it was California’s biggest assets.
During World War II Berkeley dissolved as a legal entity due to tax purposes, but they were still doing a lot of war-oriented work. After the war, the members reincorporated as Berkeley Pump Company. Transamerica Delaval Inc. acquired the company in 1982, which at that point had expanded to 12 different locations. In 1986, it was owned by Sta-Rite. Both of these companies were then owned by Pentair Water in 2004.
Today, Berkeley is available through a group of more than 5,000 authorized dealers throughout North America.
The submersible pump series is efficient and dependable, but don’t just take our word for it. Check out some of its features:
- Proven Staging System- this will greatly reduce problems with abrasives, sand and running dry.
- 300 Grade Stainless Steel Discharge- it is corrosion resistant, even in aggressive water.
- Self-Lubricating Nylatron Discharge- it won’t get worn down from sand!
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless steel intake- durable even in rough water.
- Stainless Steel Coupling- press fit for pump shaft. Works with NEMA Motors.
- High Grade Shell Made of Corrosion Resistant Steel- threaded for easy servicing!
- Hardware- all screws, nuts, and washers are made of corrosion resistant stainless steel.
Plus Much More!